Option 1 – Meridian Manor Beginner Classes (winter only)
- Susan Houle (#117) is the person who who has been giving the Wednesday afternoon beginner sessions.
- Meridian Manor also has the Thursday night sessions led by Jan Anderson and John Cline, but they tend to cater to the more experienced dancers.
Option 2 – Kort Kurdi (year round)
- There’s a guy that teaches at Powerpoint named Kort Kurdi ( http://arizonaucandance.com )
- He does dances that are even SIMPLER than what Susan uses.
- Rita and I attended one of his sessions in 2016.
- I recommend you try at least ONE of his sessions sometime.
- He has you just stepping to one side, then stepping to the other side, very SIMPLE to get started.
Option 3 – Dee Dee Dougherty (winter only)
- Another option who presents very beginner classes is Dee Dee Dougherty, ( http://www.dancewithdeedee.com )
- We’ve also attended her class once.
Option 4 – Private Lessons, Kym Billings (year round)
- The woman who teaches at Cowboys Up and Superstition Skies also does private lessons.
- She charges a fairly reasonable rate.
- As of Feb. 2017, she teaches line dancing from 4 pm to 6 pm at Cowboys Up, located on the Apache Trail.
- You can check the Cowboys Up Facebook Page for the latest schedule.
- Although beginners are welcome at her Cowboys Up classes, the pace may be a bit challenging.